[crosstalk2] membership & subscribing

  • David C. Hindley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25 9:40 AM
      Message text written by INTERNET:crosstalk2@egroups.com

      >More importantly, though I was certain I automatically subscribed
      everyone (except CT) on Crosstalk to Crosstalk2, the e-groups manager
      tells me this was not the case. Instead, what was sent out to every one
      on the latest WHO CROSSTALK generated membership list was an *invitation
      to subscribe*.

      On the other hand, not all addresses on this list were functional, so
      that may account for the discrepancy.<

      Jeffrey,

      I saw your post indicating that you had opened a new forum, and subscribed
      from the e-groups interface. I never received an invitation to join
      Crosstalk2 from anybody.

      The next day I had a confirmation e-mail that indicated that I was
      subscribed, but I have noticed that I am receiving individual posts when my
      e-groups subscription request was for a digest mode. I have so far not
      received any message indicating that -my- request for subscription was
      invalid due to me already being a subscriber. Consequently, I think you may
      be correct. I believe that I was subscribed automatically by you (receiving
      posts on a message by message basis) and there is likely a request for a
      subscription (in digest mode) still sitting in your "to do" queue.

      Dave Hindley

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2