Re: [XTalk] Re: Critical Realism

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2000
      Not a problem at all..the reply I have read changes the topic and gets
      the discussion back on the issue rather than the exchange. There is some
      great stuff in there.

      Jack

      "Rikki E. Watts" wrote:

      > Thanks Jack, will be happy to abide by your ruling. I do apologize in that
      > a reply written before the receipt of your decision has already been sent.
      >
      > Sincerely
      >
      > Rikk
      >
      > Dr. R. E. Watts (PhD, Cantab) Phone (604) 224 3245
      > Regent College, Fax (604) 224 3097
      > 5800 University Boulevard
      > Vancouver, BC
      > CANADA V6T 2E4
      >
      > > From: Jack Kilmon <jkilmon@...>
      > > Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 08:07:27 -0700
      > > To: crosstalk2@egroups.com
      > > Subject: Re: [XTalk] Re: Antonio and Watts' exchange.
      > >
      > > I am going to enter this exchange only once...first as an amateur,
      > > secondly as a moderator. As an amateur with a great respect and
      > > sense of gratitude to the many well established and published
      > > scholars, I do not like to see personal attacks of any kind by
      > > anyone who disagrees with their work or conclusions. The number
      > > one rule is to fight the conclusion, not the person.
      > >
      > > As a moderator, I am proud and gratified to have the quality
      > > scholars who take their valuable time to contribute to this
      > > e-list. There are many who pay thousands of dollars to sit
      > > in their classrooms and get what I get for free. Therefore,
      > > in my moderator's stance, I will not allow argumentum ad hominem
      > > to blossom only to watch these generous professionals ply
      > > their time elsewhere. This list is a valuable and useful
      > > resource to both amateur and scholar.
      > >
      > > "Antonio and Watts' exchange" is not a topic in HJ
      > > research and is a clear indication to me that this
      > > thread has long ago lost its relevence and is in
      > > danger of becoming a flame thread...however "polite."
      > >
      > > Let us move on to the serious enterprise of HJ studies.
      > >
      > > Jack
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > > taybutheh d'maran yeshua masheecha am kulkon
      > >
      > > Jack Kilmon
      > > jkilmon@...
      > >
      > > http://www.historian.net
      > >
      > > sharing a meal for free.
      > > http://www.thehungersite.com/

      > > To contact list managers, e-mail us at: crosstalk2-owners@egroups.com

      > To contact list managers, e-mail us at: crosstalk2-owners@egroups.com

      Currently (10:45 am CST today) major anti-virus companies are scrambling
      to come up with a fix for an infected system. The security team at
      CoNet
      America have been in constant contact with partner Network Associates.

      Both Symantec and McAfee have released virus definitions for the Love
      Bug
      virus.