Re: [XTalk] Re: Antonio and Watts' exchange.

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2000
      I am going to enter this exchange only once...first as an amateur,
      secondly as a moderator. As an amateur with a great respect and
      sense of gratitude to the many well established and published
      scholars, I do not like to see personal attacks of any kind by
      anyone who disagrees with their work or conclusions. The number
      one rule is to fight the conclusion, not the person.

      As a moderator, I am proud and gratified to have the quality
      scholars who take their valuable time to contribute to this
      e-list. There are many who pay thousands of dollars to sit
      in their classrooms and get what I get for free. Therefore,
      in my moderator's stance, I will not allow argumentum ad hominem
      to blossom only to watch these generous professionals ply
      their time elsewhere. This list is a valuable and useful
      resource to both amateur and scholar.

      "Antonio and Watts' exchange" is not a topic in HJ
      research and is a clear indication to me that this
      thread has long ago lost its relevence and is in
      danger of becoming a flame thread...however "polite."

      Let us move on to the serious enterprise of HJ studies.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      jkilmon@...

      http://www.historian.net

      sharing a meal for free.
      http://www.thehungersite.com/
    • Rick Hubbard
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2000
        For this statement, Thank You, Thank You and THANK YOU!

        > "Antonio and Watts' exchange" is not a topic in HJ
        > research and is a clear indication to me that this
        > thread has long ago lost its relevence and is in
        > danger of becoming a flame thread...however "polite."
        >
        > Let us move on to the serious enterprise of HJ studies.
        >
        > Jack
        >
        > --
        >
        > taybutheh d'maran yeshua masheecha am kulkon
        >
        > Jack Kilmon
        > jkilmon@...
        >
        > http://www.historian.net
        >
        > sharing a meal for free.
        > http://www.thehungersite.com/

        > To contact list managers, e-mail us at: crosstalk2-owners@egroups.com
      • Rikki E. Watts
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2000
          Thanks Jack, will be happy to abide by your ruling. I do apologize in that
          a reply written before the receipt of your decision has already been sent.

          Sincerely

          Rikk

          Dr. R. E. Watts (PhD, Cantab) Phone (604) 224 3245
          Regent College, Fax (604) 224 3097
          5800 University Boulevard
          Vancouver, BC
          CANADA V6T 2E4