Re: RE: [XTalk] Apocalyptic Jesus

  • Richard Mallett
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 29, 2000
      To : Tom Sims

      >> Ask an Egyptologist to show you clear evidence of Moses OR for
      the Holy Family's stay in Egypt. The latter may have more
      support than the Gospels. Moses? The result is not likely to
      please believers. <<

      The Holy Family's stay in Egypt may have more support than the Gospels ?
      What can you possibly mean by that ? As for Moses, I know of no extra
      biblical evidence for such a person.

      >> What do I believe? I believe Jesus lived, that he affected a lot
      of people in the several decades after his crucifixion, all of
      which influence was indirect, by all accounts. My evidence is
      only partly in court, having been regularly spurned. I have a
      couple of things in my quiver, untried but that's for later. <<

      How do you mean indirect ? That Peter and Paul (and probably the
      other apostles) were influenced directly, and that they influenced others,
      or something else ?

      >> Now that today we read that science says the universe is flat,
      not curved, all questions re resurrection must now be reexamined. <<

      Current thinking is that the universe is open (i.e. will expand forever) -
      the baryonic matter in the universe will still cause light beams to be bent
      into curves. What does this have to do with resurrection ?

      Richard.

      E-mail from: Richard Mallett, 29-Apr-2000