Re: [XTalk] TLS (See Notice Below)

  • Hope_Rosenbaum_Werner@deweyballantine.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2000
      XTalkers: I note that the April 21 issue of TLS contains reviews of a few new
      books on the HJ -- Paula Fredriksen's "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews",
      Geza Vermes' "The Changing Faces of Jesus" and vol. 3 of the Cambridge History
      of Judaism -- The Early Roman Period. Before I do further damage to my credit
      card, I'd like to solicit some opinions on the question of whether I should read
      the Cambridge History or, rather, look at the works by the contributors. If the
      later, which scholars, in particular, are recommended? Although a lurker, I am
      past the introductory level and am interested in some serious reading. All
      suggestions are welcome (off-list) and thanks in advance!
      Hope E. Rosenbaum-Werner,
      Lurker

      This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named
      recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work
      product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received
      this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately
      notify the sender at (212) 259-8000 and delete this e-mail message from your
      computer. Thank you.