[XTalk] [Fwd: A Request for solidarity]

  • Mahlon H. Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2000
      Two weeks ago there was some discussion about Gerd Luedemann's work &
      its repercussions on his academic position. Yesterday Gerd sent the
      attached plea for support to the JSFellows e-list. He has given me
      permission to repost it on XTalk. He is apparently more restricted than
      I had first realized. He has told me he would welcome support from any
      who are interested because he is convinced that this is a test case for
      true academic freedom in German education. If there are any subscribers
      to XTalk who are likewise concerned with this issue & think you can
      offer support in any way, whether you are professional academics or
      not,
      please notify me.

      Shalom!

      Mahlon

      --

      *********************

      Mahlon H. Smith, http://religion.rutgers.edu/mh_smith.html
      Associate Professor
      Department of Religion Virtual Religion Index
      Rutgers University http://religion.rutgers.edu/vri/
      New Brunswick NJ

      http://religion.rutgers.edu/iho/

      A Synoptic Gospels Primer