[crosstalk2] membership & subscribing

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 1999
      Just a note to let you know that as of this morning we have 80
      subscribers to Crosstalk2.

      More importantly, though I was certain I automatically subscribed
      everyone (except CT) on Crosstalk to Crosstalk2, the e-groups manager
      tells me this was not the case. Instead, what was sent out to every one
      on the latest WHO CROSSTALK generated membership list was an *invitation
      to subscribe*.

      On the other hand, not all addresses on this list were functional, so
      that may account for the discrepancy.

      Bottom line: if you want to be on Crosstalk2, you have to subscribe
      through

      http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2/info.html

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
    • David C. Hindley
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 1999
        Message text written by INTERNET:crosstalk2@egroups.com

        >More importantly, though I was certain I automatically subscribed
        everyone (except CT) on Crosstalk to Crosstalk2, the e-groups manager
        tells me this was not the case. Instead, what was sent out to every one
        on the latest WHO CROSSTALK generated membership list was an *invitation
        to subscribe*.

        On the other hand, not all addresses on this list were functional, so
        that may account for the discrepancy.<

        Jeffrey,

        I saw your post indicating that you had opened a new forum, and subscribed
        from the e-groups interface. I never received an invitation to join
        Crosstalk2 from anybody.

        The next day I had a confirmation e-mail that indicated that I was
        subscribed, but I have noticed that I am receiving individual posts when my
        e-groups subscription request was for a digest mode. I have so far not
        received any message indicating that -my- request for subscription was
        invalid due to me already being a subscriber. Consequently, I think you may
        be correct. I believe that I was subscribed automatically by you (receiving
        posts on a message by message basis) and there is likely a request for a
        subscription (in digest mode) still sitting in your "to do" queue.

        Dave Hindley

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2