[XTalk] Re: Acts 20:35

  • Weasel
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 1999
      At 13:18 12/03/1999 -0500, you wrote:
      >I've looked through the archives and through T5G but cannot find anything on
      >this issue so I thought that I would bring it up while the list appears to
      >be in a down time.
      >
      >In Acts 20, Paul is speaking to a crowd and telling them what a fine example
      >of Jesus' teachings he is. At verse 35 he says that Jesus spoke the words,
      >"It is better to give than to receive." Obviously, these words must come
      >from somewhere other than the New Testament as Jesus never said these words.
      >
      >I am curious if anyone on the list (Mahlon?) knows if the Jesus Seminar
      >discussed this verse in question and if so, did they vote on it as being
      >authentic to Jesus or not.

      The JS voted on it at their 1991 meeting in Sonoma. The results were; 0
      Red, 1 Pink, 3 Grey and 19 Black for an average of 0.07 = Black.
      Weasel (Mustela nivalis)

      Politics is the art of looking for trouble,
      finding it, misdiagnosing it and then
      misapplying the wrong remedies.

      Groucho Marx

      AOL Instant Messenger