[XTalk] re: the nekkid Jesus

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 1999
      Steve, steve, steve..... how can i live being on your auto delete list?
      Anyway, I shall endeavor to presevere in spite of the obvious handicap of
      working under your exceedingly important interdict :-)

      But you really should look at the text more closely- for John 13:4 has
      <gk>himatia</gk>. Not a citwn in sight! Your suggestion that Jesus took
      off garments (plural) and therefore must have been naked as he washed the
      disciples feet falls on its face when one simply looks at the text and sees
      that only outer garments are mentioned.

      (someone kindly clip this and send it to steve so he has the benefit of
      knowing the facts- as a public service to him...) ;-P

      Best,

      Jim

      Jim West, ThD
      jwest@...