[XTalk] Re: Test

  • Mahlon H. Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 1999
      "Jeffrey B. Gibson" wrote:

      > To ease fears, nothing is wrong with XTalk. The reason you've seen nothing
      > recently is not because the major contributors are away (that will come over
      > the weekend of Nov. 19th when many of us will be at the SBL Annual Meeting --
      > through the 23rd), but only because no one recently has had anything to say!

      Amazing! That would never have happened on the old Crosstalk.
      Nevertheless it's a relief. I was beginning to think that my last post
      caused everybody to unsubscribe. Now I can see that I just left y'all
      speechless ;-)

      Shalom!

      Mahlon

      --

      *********************

      Mahlon H. Smith, http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
      Associate Professor
      Department of Religion
      Rutgers University
      New Brunswick NJ

      http://religion.rutgers.edu/iho/
    • Robert M Schacht
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 1999
        On Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:10:17 -0800 mzarb@... writes:
        > There haven't been any postings on Egroups since Oct 31. Just
        > checking.
        >
        > My apologies.
        >
        > Michael Zarb

        Yes, it has been quiet. Has everyone gone to the SBL meetings?

        Bob
      • Stephen C. Carlson
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 1999
          At 09:15 PM 11/4/99 -0700, Robert M Schacht wrote:
          >Yes, it has been quiet. Has everyone gone to the SBL meetings?

          No, SBL is in two weeks and I've made plans to be there.

          I've finally gotten around to getting a lap top this year,
          so I can conceivably report news from the front for the list,
          as an esteemed member of Xtalk graciously did one year.

          Stephen
          --
          Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
        • Robert M Schacht
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 1999
            On Sat, 06 Nov 1999 00:00:17 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson"
            <scarlson@...> writes:
            > At 09:15 PM 11/4/99 -0700, Robert M Schacht wrote:
            > >Yes, it has been quiet. Has everyone gone to the SBL meetings?
            >
            > No, SBL is in two weeks and I've made plans to be there.
            >
            > I've finally gotten around to getting a lap top this year,
            > so I can conceivably report news from the front for the list,
            > as an esteemed member of Xtalk graciously did one year.
            >
            > Stephen

            Wonderful! I will look forward to your reports!

            Hmm, I wonder who that esteemed person could be? ;-)