[XTalk] Re: Test

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4 4:03 PM
      Steve Allison wrote:

      > Perhaps everyone is out to a conference or something.

      To ease fears, nothing is wrong with XTalk. The reason you've seen nothing
      recently is not because the major contributors are away (that will come over
      the weekend of Nov. 19th when many of us will be at the SBL Annual Meeting --
      through the 23rd), but only because no one recently has had anything to say!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
      Chicago, Illinois 60626
      e-mail jgibson000@...
    • Mahlon H. Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4 6:08 PM
        "Jeffrey B. Gibson" wrote:

        > To ease fears, nothing is wrong with XTalk. The reason you've seen nothing
        > recently is not because the major contributors are away (that will come over
        > the weekend of Nov. 19th when many of us will be at the SBL Annual Meeting --
        > through the 23rd), but only because no one recently has had anything to say!

        Amazing! That would never have happened on the old Crosstalk.
        Nevertheless it's a relief. I was beginning to think that my last post
        caused everybody to unsubscribe. Now I can see that I just left y'all
        speechless ;-)

        Shalom!

        Mahlon

        --

        *********************

        Mahlon H. Smith, http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
        Associate Professor
        Department of Religion
        Rutgers University
        New Brunswick NJ

        http://religion.rutgers.edu/iho/
      • Robert M Schacht
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4 8:15 PM
          On Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:10:17 -0800 mzarb@... writes:
          > There haven't been any postings on Egroups since Oct 31. Just
          > checking.
          >
          > My apologies.
          >
          > Michael Zarb

          Yes, it has been quiet. Has everyone gone to the SBL meetings?

          Bob
        • Stephen C. Carlson
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5 9:00 PM
            At 09:15 PM 11/4/99 -0700, Robert M Schacht wrote:
            >Yes, it has been quiet. Has everyone gone to the SBL meetings?

            No, SBL is in two weeks and I've made plans to be there.

            I've finally gotten around to getting a lap top this year,
            so I can conceivably report news from the front for the list,
            as an esteemed member of Xtalk graciously did one year.

            Stephen
            --
            Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
          • Robert M Schacht
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6 7:51 AM
              On Sat, 06 Nov 1999 00:00:17 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson"
              <scarlson@...> writes:
              > At 09:15 PM 11/4/99 -0700, Robert M Schacht wrote:
              > >Yes, it has been quiet. Has everyone gone to the SBL meetings?
              >
              > No, SBL is in two weeks and I've made plans to be there.
              >
              > I've finally gotten around to getting a lap top this year,
              > so I can conceivably report news from the front for the list,
              > as an esteemed member of Xtalk graciously did one year.
              >
              > Stephen

              Wonderful! I will look forward to your reports!

              Hmm, I wonder who that esteemed person could be? ;-)