[crosstalk2] recruiting

    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 1999
      To members to Crosstalk2 -- welcome.

      One of the things that I was hearing again and again on Crosstalk in
      recent days -- as the List was being besieged with inanity -- was how
      the "old days" of Crosstalk, where many HJ scholars were active
      participants, were sorely missed. Accordingly, now that steps have been
      taken to insure that the kinds of things that drove the scholars away
      will not occur again, it would in our interest not only to try to bring
      into the fold those who have departed, but to recruit others who have
      never been members of Crosstalk. So who would you suggest we try to
      contact again or anew?

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
    • Jon Peter
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 1999
        Surprisingly many Web sites of Univ. depts, seminaries, church colleges,
        divinity schools etc etc have e-mail addrs for faculty, and these are even
        organized by department.

        Best of luck with crosstalk2. Thanks fer havin' the gumption to tackle this
        problem!

        Regards,

        Jon

      • Sam Gibson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 1999
          Even better than this, I think. You can search for e-mail addresses at the
          SBL site. I was surprised who was listed.
          -
          Sincerely,

          Sam Gibson
          cygnus@...
          http://www.cygnus-study.com
          "You might have lived an exemplary life as a Christian,
          only to be met at the gates of heaven by Muhammed.
          That's called fate."
          -Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist for Rush

          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/71