[XTalk] CT and the origins of XTalk

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24 9:38 AM
      dhindley@... wrote:

      > "n & rj hanscamp" <hanscamp-@...> wrote:
      >
      > > who or what is Christ Thomas - I saw this name on the old XTalk
      > archives<
      >
      > Nigel,
      >
      > He was the reason for the death of the old crosstalk and its
      > resurrection as the moderated XTalk.
      >
      > I just caught the tail end of the whole ugly scene, but the guy was
      > apparently a tad schizophrenic and adopted the forum as his sounding
      > board for long, rambling religious musings (under the guise of a later
      > day Christ, i.e., Jesus' twin Thomas), as well as even longer
      > dissertations concerning a zoning dispute he had with the city of
      > Orlando, Florida, USA.

      If you have the stomach for it, you can read all of CT's inanities on the old
      Crosstalk archives (the last year of) which are still available online. See
      the XTalk Home Page for a link to them.

      You'll also be able to see not only how much of a nut case this man was, but
      the whole course of events which led to my establishment of Xtalk as a
      moderated alternative to Crosstalk.

      To be fair to CT -- in addition to wanting to protect the List from the
      spewage he directed toward us, it was also the continual off topic rantings,
      abusive put downs, and perpetual self promotion of another old Crosstalker,
      TS, which convinced me that drastic measures need to be taken if Crosstalk was
      to survive.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A