[crosstalk2] Books on Self-Study Greek

  • Peter Kirby
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 1999
      Greetings Crosstalk2,

      Please advise if this message is off-topic.

      I was a subscriber to Crosstalk last fall, and now have subscribed to Crosstalk2 at the promise
      of lower noise levels. I hope that this proves true, and that any personal tiffs remain off the
      list (which constituted much of the traffic before). I agree with another who said that
      crossposting with the old list should be kept to a minimum.

      Anyhow, I am entering UC Irvine in the fall and plan to take classes in Greek. But I would like
      to prepare myself over the summer. If there are any recommendations for a self-study book or two
      (on a $50 budget), they would be appreciated. Feel free to respond offlist to my address at
      kirby@....

      Thank you,
      Peter Kirby <REVERSEYBRICK@...> (change to last name)

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 1999
        Peter Kirby wrote:

        > Greetings Crosstalk2,
        >
        > Please advise if this message is off-topic.
        >
        > I was a subscriber to Crosstalk last fall, and now have subscribed to Crosstalk2 at the promise
        > of lower noise levels. I hope that this proves true, and that any personal tiffs remain off the
        > list (which constituted much of the traffic before). I agree with another who said that
        > crossposting with the old list should be kept to a minimum.
        >
        > Anyhow, I am entering UC Irvine in the fall and plan to take classes in Greek. But I would like
        > to prepare myself over the summer. If there are any recommendations for a self-study book or two
        > (on a $50 budget), they would be appreciated. Feel free to respond offlist to my address at
        > kirby@....
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Peter Kirby <REVERSEYBRICK@...> (change to last name)

        Peter,

        This is a message that really belongs on B-Greek. Are you subscribed there?

        It is also a question that has come up frequently on that forum. So I suggest you go to their
        archives.

        Also, check this URL out: http://metalab.unc.edu/koine

        Yours,

        Jeffrey

        P.S. You might wish to be aware that postings sent to your new address get bounced back as
        undeliverable. Also, the change in your address probably means that your subscription to Crosstalk2
        is probably invalid.
        --
        Jeffrey B. Gibson
        7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A