[XTalk] red faced

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 1999
      Jim West has just informed me that a private message I sent to him in which I intended to express privately some of my chagrin about things that have been appearing recently on the List actually was sent to the List.

      I am, as you might imagine, sorely embarrassed. I freely admit that I am not without my own prejudices -- though I try to keep them from intruding into the way I moderate the List.

      Nevertheless ...

      The only way I can hope to assuage any hurt feelings my remarks might have caused is to note that the sort of venting bordering on badmouthing that you have just witnessed me engaging in is not something I do often and when I do, it is only to a very small circle of e-friends who I trust enough to use as sounding boards.

      Jim tells me that  as an excuse

      you can blame me if you like-
      just tell the list my evil disposition possessed you for a moment... they
      will understand!  And to keep it on topic of crosstalk you can say that you
      are beginning to bear the stigmata of mr west, i.e., a crabby disposition
      and a failure of eyesight- which will soon enough be exorcised when you next
      see your local priest.

      But this hardly seems the most responsible thing to do.

      With egg on my face,

      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
      Chicago, Illinois 60626