[XTalk] Re: Paul and meat sacrificed to idols

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 1999
      At 02:21 PM 10/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >I'm a bit confused as to what Paul is saying in 1 Cor. 10:14-32. Is he
      >saying, "Eat meat sacrificed to idols," or "Don't eat meat sacrificed to
      >idols"?

      He says both! To those who know that such sacrifices are to non-entities,
      he says- eat. To those who are offended by such sacrifices, he says, dont eat.

      To all he says, if you eat or not, do it out of love for the brothers who
      may be weaker than you.

      In sum, keep your eating habits private and if you are in public and a
      weaker, less informed brother is there, consider his feelings in the matter.

      Best,

      Jim
      Jim West, ThD
      email- jwest@...