[XTalk] Misnamed thread

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 1999
      Nathan McGovern wrote:

      > Mike Grondin wrote:
      >
      > >>I'm confused as to why you say that Paul seems to have been
      > >>closely associated with John.
      > >
      > >Unless the authors of GJohn have swung John over to Paul's side against his
      > >(John's) will, the positions expressed there in the name of John include
      > >siding with Paul against Jacob on the justification/salvation thingy, and a
      > >defense of transubstantiation against those in the movement who objected to
      > >it. I'd also cite as evidence the fact that Paul occasionally puts himself
      > >in opposition to Peter and Jacob, but never to the third pillar.
      >
      > I thought that is what you would say; and although I agree that GJohn is
      > more Pauline than Jacobean, I would not agree that GJohn should be at all
      > associated with John.

      [snip]

      The subject of these messages is no longer consistent with the header under which
      they were sent (Eucharist). May I ask, then, that if you, Nathan and Mike, or
      anyone else, wishes to continue an exchange on the substance of the messages
      above, that you change the header to be a more accurate reflection of what is
      being discussed?

      Thanks,

      Jeffrey
      ---