SV: SV: [XTalk] forgive us our sins in LP/DP

  • Thomas L. Thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
      Just that forgiveness of sins is motif which has a context essentially connected to exile/return themes-
      The OT moves its discourse on punishing the sinner alone (a theme already in the Gilgamesh epic and Hittite
      literature) to a final solution with the forgiveness of sins. In the OT it is always Yahweh who needs to change, not men.

      Thomas

      Thomas L. Thompson
      Professor emeritus, University of Copenhagen