Re: Stevan Re: [XTalk] Re: On what Acts is and is not saying

  • RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 22, 2012
      <<Among the American Pentecostals (dunno about elsewhere) there is a
      fairly substantial movement of "Jesus only" Pentecostals who are unitarian in
      theology. There is One God and He is Jesus. Accordingly we are baptised only
      in the name of Jesus (this is a big deal to them).

      Steve >>

      Strictly, they're modalistic monarchians who believe there is one God
      who is first Father, then Son, and now Spirit. His name is, as you say,
      Jesus. I met one of their bishops who believed, in theory, that those baptised
      in the name of the Trinity went to hell, but was extremely reluctant to
      say so!

      Regards,

      Robert Brenchley
      Birmingham UK