Re: [XTalk] Re: JSHJ

  • David Mealand
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
      Robert

      Thanks - yes I have the pdf sections of some of 9.1
      and wished just to check that I had the most recent
      issue, as some postings were I think referring to items
      still to follow on in the next one or two.

      Because I am retired and mainly off campus I tend to
      go first for what I can get from my machine, which given
      Edinburgh's subscriptions, is quite a lot.

      Anyway I have found what I was looking for so far.

      Best wishes

      David M.

      ---------
      David Mealand, University of Edinburgh

      Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
        At 02:21 PM 11/3/2011, Bob Webb wrote:
        >David,
        >
        >You asked, "Is JSHJ 9.1 the most recent"?
        >
        >As the editor, I can tell you that 9.1 is now out. The PDF versions are
        >available and the hard-copies have been mailed out.
        >
        >As to the future, 9.2 is in press, and 9.3 and 10.1 are being copy-edited.
        >
        >We have some pretty interesting essays in the pipe!

        Bob,
        Thanks for this information. Does JSHJ put each issue online right
        away, or is there a delay between when the print edition appears, and
        when it appears on the web?

        Thanks for launching JSHJ and for helping it grow and develop!

        Bob Schacht
        Northern Arizona University

      • Darrell L BOCK
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2011
          Crosstalk:

          I think it would be fair to say that Bob and I would love any feedback you would have about Key Events. One of our goals for the book was to stimulate discussion about whether we can say more about Jesus than often is said by looking at the coherence of certain key events/actions tied to Jesus (a macro goal) in an historical Jesus context.

          Darrell Bock

          Darrell L Bock
          Dallas Theological Seminary
          Dallas, Tx
        • Bob Webb
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2011
            Bob,

            As far as I'm aware, both the electronic and paper versions come out at the
            same time. I know that with 9.1, it is available on Brill's website now. But
            I haven't yet received my paper copy.

            So, if anything the electronic version is available first, given how long
            snail mail takes for the paper version to arrive.

            Hope this helps.

            And thanks for the encouragement concerning JSHJ.

            Best wishes,

            Bob Webb.

            Bob Schacht asked,