Re: [XTalk] Re: Fwd: Review of "Key Events in the Life of the Historical Jesus," Bib

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
      At 10:11 AM 11/1/2011, Darrell L BOCK wrote:
      >Bob:
      >
      >Just to let you know, the current issue of the Journal for the
      >Historical Jesus also intertacts with the issues this Key Events in
      >the Life of the Historical Jesus Volume raises. Those essays are
      >from an SBL Historical Jesus session from last year. The book was
      >originally published in the WUNT series and is over 800 pages.

      Darrell,
      Thank you for that reminder. I would like to suggest to everyone that
      this email group would be an excellent place for discussing essays in
      the JHJ, and recently presented at SBL meetings, recent books, etc.
      If not here, why do we even continue to exist? We had no posts at all
      in September, and only one in May.

      Grad students: please post your essays here, with knowledge of your
      instructor, so you can get critical feedback. And this is an
      excellent place to ask questions of a serious scholarly nature--
      there is a lot of expert knowledge here for you to tap-- currently,
      there are 550 members!

      New faculty: Here would be a good place to test new ideas you're
      working on, that are not yet in publishable form.

      Spill-over from blogs welcomed here, too, as long as they fit our protocols.

      All members: be the change you want to see!

      When this list began 20 years ago, email was still relatively new,
      and publications relatively few. Since then, there has been an
      explosion of discussion on various lists and blogs, the publication
      of many more books, new journals, and just this year, a "Handbook"
      in 4 volumes with over 3,300 pages devoted to historical Jesus
      research. That is an enormous amount of research to digest, and this
      list could be a better place for that process to happen.

      At 550 members, this e-list is vastly under-utilized. We can change that.

      Bob Schacht
      Northern Arizona University

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
        At 10:11 AM 11/1/2011, Darrell L BOCK wrote:

        >Just to let you know, the current issue of the Journal for the
        >Historical Jesus also intertacts with the issues this Key Events in
        >the Life of the Historical Jesus Volume raises. Those essays are
        >from an SBL Historical Jesus session from last year. The book was
        >originally published in the WUNT series and is over 800 pages.

        Previous issues are online at
        http://journals.academia.edu/JournalForTheStudyOfTheHistoricalJesus.
        Posts responding to articles in that journal (and others) are welcome
        here, as long as they don't violate our protocols!

        Bob Schacht
        Northern Arizona University

      • David Mealand
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011
          Bob wrote----------
          Previous issues are online at
          http://journals.academia.edu/JournalForTheStudyOfTheHistoricalJesus.
          Posts responding to articles in that journal (and others) are welcome
          here, as long as they don't violate our protocols!
          --------------------

          One comment:
          Users will need to leave off the full stop at the end of
          that http

          One query:
          Is JHJ 9.1 the most recent?

          I had to go round the houses via Athens (failed) then my own
          Uni library to get there - we ARE subscribed despite Athens
          not listing us!

          David M.

          ---------
          David Mealand, University of Edinburgh

          Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
        • Joseph Codsi
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2011
            Bob schacht wrote:

            <<<I would like to suggest to everyone that
            this email group would be an excellent place for discussing essays in
            the JHJ, and recently presented at SBL meetings, recent books, etc. >>>

            I am writing a book entitled: "Secret Revelations in the Gospel of
            Mark." I have practically finished the First Part, but the Second Part
            is still in progress. The Introduction and the First Part are available
            in PDF format at the following site:

            Please feel free to download the files and discuss my unorthodox
            approach to Mark.

            Joseph Codsi

            Seattle

          • E Bruce Brooks
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2011
              Joseph,

              Out of curiosity, I clicked the URL you provided, only to discover that
              additional layers of membership would be required for access. I am not
              prepared to go that route. Is there another?

              E Bruce Brooks
              University of Massachusetts at Amherst
            • Joseph Codsi
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 11, 2011
                You can access my the First Part of my book : "Secret Revelations in the
                Gospel of Mark" by going to the home page of

                Open the first 14 messages. The text is in HTLM. If you prefer to have a
                PDF file, just contact me off list.

                Thank you for your interest.

                Joseph Codsi

                Seattle