Re: Fwd: Review of "Key Events in the Life of the Historical Jesus," Bib

  • Darrell L BOCK
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
      Bob:

      Just to let you know, the current issue of the Journal for the Historical Jesus also intertacts with the issues this Key Events in the Life of the Historical Jesus Volume raises. Those essays are from an SBL Historical Jesus session from last year. The book was originally published in the WUNT series and is over 800 pages.

      Darrell
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
        At 10:11 AM 11/1/2011, Darrell L BOCK wrote:
        >Bob:
        >
        >Just to let you know, the current issue of the Journal for the
        >Historical Jesus also intertacts with the issues this Key Events in
        >the Life of the Historical Jesus Volume raises. Those essays are
        >from an SBL Historical Jesus session from last year. The book was
        >originally published in the WUNT series and is over 800 pages.

        Darrell,
        Thank you for that reminder. I would like to suggest to everyone that
        this email group would be an excellent place for discussing essays in
        the JHJ, and recently presented at SBL meetings, recent books, etc.
        If not here, why do we even continue to exist? We had no posts at all
        in September, and only one in May.

        Grad students: please post your essays here, with knowledge of your
        instructor, so you can get critical feedback. And this is an
        excellent place to ask questions of a serious scholarly nature--
        there is a lot of expert knowledge here for you to tap-- currently,
        there are 550 members!

        New faculty: Here would be a good place to test new ideas you're
        working on, that are not yet in publishable form.

        Spill-over from blogs welcomed here, too, as long as they fit our protocols.

        All members: be the change you want to see!

        When this list began 20 years ago, email was still relatively new,
        and publications relatively few. Since then, there has been an
        explosion of discussion on various lists and blogs, the publication
        of many more books, new journals, and just this year, a "Handbook"
        in 4 volumes with over 3,300 pages devoted to historical Jesus
        research. That is an enormous amount of research to digest, and this
        list could be a better place for that process to happen.

        At 550 members, this e-list is vastly under-utilized. We can change that.

        Bob Schacht
        Northern Arizona University

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
          At 10:11 AM 11/1/2011, Darrell L BOCK wrote:

          >Just to let you know, the current issue of the Journal for the
          >Historical Jesus also intertacts with the issues this Key Events in
          >the Life of the Historical Jesus Volume raises. Those essays are
          >from an SBL Historical Jesus session from last year. The book was
          >originally published in the WUNT series and is over 800 pages.

          Previous issues are online at
          http://journals.academia.edu/JournalForTheStudyOfTheHistoricalJesus.
          Posts responding to articles in that journal (and others) are welcome
          here, as long as they don't violate our protocols!

          Bob Schacht
          Northern Arizona University

        • David Mealand
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011
            Bob wrote----------
            Previous issues are online at
            http://journals.academia.edu/JournalForTheStudyOfTheHistoricalJesus.
            Posts responding to articles in that journal (and others) are welcome
            here, as long as they don't violate our protocols!
            --------------------

            One comment:
            Users will need to leave off the full stop at the end of
            that http

            One query:
            Is JHJ 9.1 the most recent?

            I had to go round the houses via Athens (failed) then my own
            Uni library to get there - we ARE subscribed despite Athens
            not listing us!

            David M.

            ---------
            David Mealand, University of Edinburgh

            Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
          • Joseph Codsi
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2011
              Bob schacht wrote:

              <<<I would like to suggest to everyone that
              this email group would be an excellent place for discussing essays in
              the JHJ, and recently presented at SBL meetings, recent books, etc. >>>

              I am writing a book entitled: "Secret Revelations in the Gospel of
              Mark." I have practically finished the First Part, but the Second Part
              is still in progress. The Introduction and the First Part are available
              in PDF format at the following site:

              Please feel free to download the files and discuss my unorthodox
              approach to Mark.

              Joseph Codsi

              Seattle

            • E Bruce Brooks
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2011
                Joseph,

                Out of curiosity, I clicked the URL you provided, only to discover that
                additional layers of membership would be required for access. I am not
                prepared to go that route. Is there another?

                E Bruce Brooks
                University of Massachusetts at Amherst
              • Joseph Codsi
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 11, 2011
                  You can access my the First Part of my book : "Secret Revelations in the
                  Gospel of Mark" by going to the home page of

                  Open the first 14 messages. The text is in HTLM. If you prefer to have a
                  PDF file, just contact me off list.

                  Thank you for your interest.

                  Joseph Codsi

                  Seattle