[XTalk] Rev Professor Kingsley Barrett

  • Tony Buglass
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2011
      Just returned from a holiday weekend to hear news that Rev Prof C K Barrett died at 6.30pm on Friday 26th August. He was one of the finest NT scholars of he 20th C, but carried his immense staus very lightly. HGe liked nothing better as a Methoist minster than to get out into the little mining village chapels in County Durham and preach to ordinary folk. He came every year to a preachers' fellowship in Hexham, and was so much at home among ordinary folk there. One year he said in conversation with me after one such meeting "You know, I think I'm, a historian by nature and a theologian by grace."
      A lovely man, whose contribution to scholarship is incalculable, whose ministry ranged far and wide, and who left a favourable impression with everyone he met. May he rest in peace, and rise in glory.
      Blessings,
      Tony
      Rev Anthony E Buglass BA MTh
      Superintendent Minister