Junk from LinkedIn

  • David Mealand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2011
      It would appear that LinkedIn is now
      sending automated messages on behalf of
      its users (and I suspect without their
      knowledge or direct permission) to whole
      organizations as well as to individuals.

      Best to zap anything from this outfit unread
      by using a filter.

      David M.

      ---------
      David Mealand, University of Edinburgh

      Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2011
        At 06:58 AM 7/3/2011, David Mealand wrote:

        >It would appear that LinkedIn is now
        >sending automated messages on behalf of
        >its users (and I suspect without their
        >knowledge or direct permission) to whole
        >organizations as well as to individuals.
        >
        >Best to zap anything from this outfit unread
        >by using a filter.

        Sorry, my bad. LinkedIn has a feature where you can invite people to
        join using your own address list(?), but I didn't realize that it
        would send such notices to email groups like this. In fact, I'm not
        even sure how it found this address. My apologies.

        Bob in AZ