Re: [XTalk] Mission fields favorable to women apostles

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
      I was thinking about the same questions last week and my Amazon.com
      stagewagon just rode in with Sara B. Pomeroy (the leading expert)
      "Goddesses, Whores, Wives, and Slaves: Women in Classical Antiquity (1975)
      Shocken. NY and the same author "Women's History & Ancient History" 1991 UNC
      Press and also HBarbara Watterson (another leading authority) "Women in
      Ancient Egypt" 1991. If I were a woman in the 1st century (from my cursory
      page flipping so far), I would go to Egypt. Only in Alexandria could you
      have an Hypatia and only Christians would have mobbed her and slaughtered
      her.

      Jack Kilmon