Re: [XTalk] Synagogue of Libertines

  • Jeff Peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
      I think they preferred to be called the Synagogue of the Freedmen; sounds
      less scandalous. :-)

      Fitzmyer notes argument for and against the Theodotus inscription being
      connected with this synagogue (without taking a position) and refers to
      other helpful background (AB, pp. 356�7).

      Jeff Peterson
      Austin Graduate School of Theology
      Austin, Texas