Synagogue of Libertines

  • Richard Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
      Is there anything about the Synagogue of Libertines outside of Acts?

      Thanks,

      Richard Smith

    • Jeff Peterson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
        I think they preferred to be called the Synagogue of the Freedmen; sounds
        less scandalous. :-)

        Fitzmyer notes argument for and against the Theodotus inscription being
        connected with this synagogue (without taking a position) and refers to
        other helpful background (AB, pp. 356�7).

        Jeff Peterson
        Austin Graduate School of Theology
        Austin, Texas