[XTalk] Kingdom of God as Wisdom

  • Nathan McGovern
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      Matthew 13:44:

      The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person
      finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and
      buys that field.

      My version of the Bible (New American Bible) provides two parallels to this
      verse, Proverbs 2:4 and Proverbs 4:7. If these parallels are worth
      something, then we have in this parable a definition for what exactly the
      kingdom of God/heaven is.

      Proverbs 2:4:

      If you seek her [Wisdom] like silver
      and like hidden treasures search her out:

      Proverbs 4:7:

      The beginning of wisdom is: get wisdom;
      at the cost of all you have, get understanding.

      Any thoughts?

      With regards,

      Nathan

      Nathan McGovern