RE: [XTalk] GOSPEL (OF THE KINGDOM) OF GOD: Source Dating, Mission, Message and "eschatology"

    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 19, 2011
      At 05:34 PM 1/19/2011, Matson, Mark (Academic) wrote:
      >Gordon:
      >
      >...Respecting your request not to debate, ...

      Actually, what Gordon wrote was

      >Gordon Raynal wrote:
      >
      >Bruce,
      >You have laid out your Source framework. Again, I'm not interested
      >in debating this with you. ...

      I hope that one person's specific reticence will not be
      over-generalized into a blanket reluctance to debate!
      Debate is, indeed, welcome here.

      Bob Schacht
      Northern Arizona University

    • RSBrenchley@aol.com
      Message 48 of 48 , Jan 30, 2011
        <<Ariel, D.T., A Survey of Coin Finds in Jerusalem,
        Liber Annuus 32, 1982, pp 273-326.

        Unless we have an old print copy in the pre-1985 stack here,
        the data for denarii in Jerusalem is out of reach
        just now, so, at least for the time being, I'll just shift to your
        view that there weren't that many around in the city.

        David M.>>

        I'm having trouble getting hold of it as well, so I'll have to go by
        memory, unfortunately. I did contact Ariel himself, but he's got nothing beyond
        a single paper copy. While it's not strictly on topic, I do have H Gitler's
        'A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NUMISMATIC EVIDENCE FROM EXCAVATIONS IN JERUSALEM'
        (Liber Annuus 1996), which covers bronze coinage from the city. No
        imperial bronze is recorded from before the 4th Century, after the abolition of
        the provincial mints, and their replacement with imperial ones.

        Regards,

        Robert Brenchley
        Birmingham UK