Re: [XTalk] GOSPEL (OF THE KINGDOM) OF GOD

  • Ronald Price
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 18, 2011
      Bruce Brooks wrote:

      > No. Uniquely. Markan. Saying. Impresses. The. JSem. As. Genuine.
      >>
      > Will that serve?

      Bruce,

      No it will not. Your assertion is virtually meaningless, because there are
      so few Jesus sayings unique to the gospel of Mark that no one can deduce
      anything much from their omission. For almost every Markan saying was copied
      by Matthew and/or copied by Luke and/or overlapped with another version of
      the saying which Matthew or Luke had taken from the early sayings source
      and/or was copied by GTh.

      Is there a uniquely Markan saying you think merits red or pink status?

      Ron Price,

      Derbyshire, UK

      http://homepage.virgin.net/ron.price/

    • RSBrenchley@aol.com
      Message 48 of 48 , Jan 30, 2011
        <<Ariel, D.T., A Survey of Coin Finds in Jerusalem,
        Liber Annuus 32, 1982, pp 273-326.

        Unless we have an old print copy in the pre-1985 stack here,
        the data for denarii in Jerusalem is out of reach
        just now, so, at least for the time being, I'll just shift to your
        view that there weren't that many around in the city.

        David M.>>

        I'm having trouble getting hold of it as well, so I'll have to go by
        memory, unfortunately. I did contact Ariel himself, but he's got nothing beyond
        a single paper copy. While it's not strictly on topic, I do have H Gitler's
        'A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NUMISMATIC EVIDENCE FROM EXCAVATIONS IN JERUSALEM'
        (Liber Annuus 1996), which covers bronze coinage from the city. No
        imperial bronze is recorded from before the 4th Century, after the abolition of
        the provincial mints, and their replacement with imperial ones.

        Regards,

        Robert Brenchley
        Birmingham UK