David Re: [XTalk] English translation of Pierson & Naber's _Verisimilia_?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
      At 11:52 AM 7/12/2009, David C. Hindley wrote:
      >You mean Gerd Luedemann?
      >
      >_Opposition to Paul in Jewish Christianity_ translated by M. Eugene
      >Boring.(1989)
      >
      >_Paul, the founder of Christianity_ (2002)

      No, I was thinking about Gerd, particularly since he did a Seminar with us
      a while back.

      Bob

      >Or did you mean Hermann L.?
      >
      >Dave Hindley
      >
      >--- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Would Leudeman be any help in getting a handle on this work?
      > >
      > > Bob

      >List managers may be contacted directly at: crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Stephen C. Carlson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
        On Jul 12, 2009 6:32 PM, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
        >No, I was thinking about Gerd, particularly since he did a Seminar with us
        >a while back.

        Well, Gerd is much more conservative with the state of the text than
        Pierson and Naber.

        Stephen

        --
        Stephen C. Carlson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
          At 01:42 PM 7/12/2009, Stephen C. Carlson wrote:
          >On Jul 12, 2009 6:32 PM, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
          > >No, I was thinking about Gerd, particularly since he did a Seminar with us
          > >a while back.
          >
          >Well, Gerd is much more conservative with the state of the text than
          >Pierson and Naber.

          That may be, but I'm guessing that he is fluent in the language Pierson &
          Naber wrote in, and might be able to discuss honestly with us what they are
          suggesting?

          Bob