Re: [XTalk] English translation of Pierson & Naber's _Verisimilia_?

  • David C. Hindley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
      You mean Gerd Luedemann?

      _Opposition to Paul in Jewish Christianity_ translated by M. Eugene Boring.(1989)

      _Paul, the founder of Christianity_ (2002)

      Or did you mean Hermann L.?

      Dave Hindley

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
        At 11:52 AM 7/12/2009, David C. Hindley wrote:
        >You mean Gerd Luedemann?
        >
        >_Opposition to Paul in Jewish Christianity_ translated by M. Eugene
        >Boring.(1989)
        >
        >_Paul, the founder of Christianity_ (2002)

        No, I was thinking about Gerd, particularly since he did a Seminar with us
        a while back.

        Bob

        >Or did you mean Hermann L.?
        >
        >Dave Hindley
        >
        >--- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Would Leudeman be any help in getting a handle on this work?
        > >
        > > Bob

        >List managers may be contacted directly at: crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Stephen C. Carlson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
          On Jul 12, 2009 6:32 PM, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
          >No, I was thinking about Gerd, particularly since he did a Seminar with us
          >a while back.

          Well, Gerd is much more conservative with the state of the text than
          Pierson and Naber.

          Stephen

          --
          Stephen C. Carlson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2009
            At 01:42 PM 7/12/2009, Stephen C. Carlson wrote:
            >On Jul 12, 2009 6:32 PM, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
            > >No, I was thinking about Gerd, particularly since he did a Seminar with us
            > >a while back.
            >
            >Well, Gerd is much more conservative with the state of the text than
            >Pierson and Naber.

            That may be, but I'm guessing that he is fluent in the language Pierson &
            Naber wrote in, and might be able to discuss honestly with us what they are
            suggesting?

            Bob