Re: [XTalk] martin hengel ist gestorben

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
      From: "Jim West" <jwest@...>
      To: <biblical-studies@yahoogroups.com>; <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:17 PM
      Subject: [XTalk] martin hengel ist gestorben

      > Einer der weltweit bedeutendsten Experten für die Literatur des
      > Urchristentums und antiken Judentums, Prof. Martin Hengel, ist am
      > Donnerstag in Tübingen gestorben. Der evangelische Theologe wurde 82
      > Jahre alt, teilte die Württembergische Landeskirche in Stuttgart mit.
      >
      > http://www.dorstenerzeitung.de/nachrichten/kultur/art617,603482
      >
      > RIP good sir, RIP.
      >
      > --
      > ++++++
      >
      > Jim West
      > http://jwest.wordpress.com

      Dank, Jim. Professor Hengel tat genau was Professoren tun. Er bildete uns
      ganz intelligenter.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
    • Horace Jeffery Hodges
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        I took part in Hengel's weekly Friday night seminar for five years (1990-1995) and am very sad to hear of his death. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Professor Hengel.

        Jeffery Hodges

        Ewha Womans University
        Seoul, South Korea

        Blog: http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

        Doctoral Thesis: Food as Synecdoche in the Gospel of John and Gnostic Texts

        Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
        M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

        Home Address:

        Gunyoung Apt. 102-204