Re: [XTalk] Goulder and the LP

  • E Bruce Brooks
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 30, 2009
      To: Crosstalk
      On: Spelling
      From: Bruce

      JEFFERY: Bruce, I think that you meant "Jeffrey" (not "Jeffery") -- you must
      have been overcorrecting from often having to spell my name's odd
      orthographic form.

      BRUCE: Right. Clear case of an effortful correction spilling over into other
      territory. No need to study the NT scribes, we can learn all about it simply
      by observing ourselves. In my case, there is a further complication from the
      half dozen local businesses named after Lord Jeffery [sic] Amherst. Plus,
      the radon level is high here, and we are in a funny zone in terms of M/F
      birth ratios. Case is probably hopeless.

      We look for great things, though, spellingwise and otherwise, from those
      situated in more felicitous climes.

      Bruce

      E Bruce Brooks
      Warring States Project