Re: [XTalk] Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: SBL Report

  • E Bruce Brooks
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
      To: Crosstalk
      Cc: GPG
      On: SBL Session on AYC's Mark
      From: Bruce

      Many thanks to Rikk for his authoritative account of his comments on AYC's
      Mark at the recent SBL. (As mentioned, in addition to other shortcomings, my
      own notes at the time were meant for my own later use, and did not aspire to
      be a transcript of the session as such).

      That session being now as adequately reported as it is likely to be, perhaps
      the next step might be to engage, not that specific commentary, but the
      larger question of Mark. Rikk's notes provide a variety of points from which
      that engagement might begin: points which in his view were incompletely or
      unsatisfactorily dealt with in the commentary, and thus inviting further
      attention by the modern Markan community.

      Bruce

      E Bruce Brooks
      Warring States Project
      University of Massachusetts at Amherst