RE: [XTalk] Re: [biblical-studies] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

  • David Hindley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
      Karel,

      This is likely water under the bridge now, but I was under the impression that Heilig-Land-Stichting published pictorial
      encyclopedias and/or other books aimed at children.

      Ken Olsen probably was correct about the citation being a corruption of van Iersel's street address in the Netherlands.

      Jeffrey, what was the result? Did you ever find the source?

      Respectfully,

      Dave Hindley
      Newton Falls, Ohio USA

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
        David Hindley wrote:
        > Karel,
        >
        > This is likely water under the bridge now, but I was under the impression that Heilig-Land-Stichting published pictorial
        > encyclopedias and/or other books aimed at children.
        >
        > Ken Olsen probably was correct about the citation being a corruption of van Iersel's street address in the Netherlands.
        >
        > Jeffrey, what was the result? Did you ever find the source?

        The source seems to be, as was noted earlier by Steven Goranson,

        Het Heilig Land.
        Heilig-Land-Stichting

        1914-1968
        Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
        Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
        Title: Het Heilig Land.
        Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).
        Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
        Year: 1914-1968
        Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand
        (1968).
        Language: Dutch
        Standard No: Other: PA0614133

        The problem is that I still do not have the title of the article.

        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
        Chicago, Illinois
        e-mail jgibson000@...
      • Karel Hanhart
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
          The "Heilige Land Stichting is a Biblical Open Air Museum. It has undergone recently a significant transformation. Van Iersel's address was indeed on the location. Since Van Tilborg cites an article published under that name I assumed the foundation "Heilige Land" ran a publication as well.

          Karel Hanhart .