Re: [biblical-studies] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2008
      Jeffrey,

      Try

      Heilig-Land-Stichting: books by Heilig-Land-Stichting @ BookFinder.com

      cordially,

      Karl Hanhart
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jeffrey B. Gibson
      To: Crosstalk2
      Cc: biblical-studies
      Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:31 PM
      Subject: [biblical-studies] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

      In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
      following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
      eschatological interpretation of the LP:

      B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).

      Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
      work is that appears in H. Land 13?

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...

    • David Hindley
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
        Karel,

        This is likely water under the bridge now, but I was under the impression that Heilig-Land-Stichting published pictorial
        encyclopedias and/or other books aimed at children.

        Ken Olsen probably was correct about the citation being a corruption of van Iersel's street address in the Netherlands.

        Jeffrey, what was the result? Did you ever find the source?

        Respectfully,

        Dave Hindley
        Newton Falls, Ohio USA

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
          David Hindley wrote:
          > Karel,
          >
          > This is likely water under the bridge now, but I was under the impression that Heilig-Land-Stichting published pictorial
          > encyclopedias and/or other books aimed at children.
          >
          > Ken Olsen probably was correct about the citation being a corruption of van Iersel's street address in the Netherlands.
          >
          > Jeffrey, what was the result? Did you ever find the source?

          The source seems to be, as was noted earlier by Steven Goranson,

          Het Heilig Land.
          Heilig-Land-Stichting

          1914-1968
          Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
          Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
          Title: Het Heilig Land.
          Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).
          Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
          Year: 1914-1968
          Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand
          (1968).
          Language: Dutch
          Standard No: Other: PA0614133

          The problem is that I still do not have the title of the article.

          Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
          1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
          Chicago, Illinois
          e-mail jgibson000@...
        • Karel Hanhart
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
            The "Heilige Land Stichting is a Biblical Open Air Museum. It has undergone recently a significant transformation. Van Iersel's address was indeed on the location. Since Van Tilborg cites an article published under that name I assumed the foundation "Heilige Land" ran a publication as well.

            Karel Hanhart .