Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
      Ken Olson wrote:

      > Jeffrey,
      >
      > It's this (H. Land appears to be the beginning of van Iersel's mailing address printed at the beginning of the article):
      > The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: Some observations on the original form of Luke II 41-51aB. Van Iersel
      > Novum Testamentum, Vol. 4, Fasc. 3 (Oct., 1960), pp. 161-173

      Ken

      Thanks for this. But I don't think it's the Nov. Test. article that van
      Tilborg is referring to since he notes that van Iersel's comments on the
      LP appear on pp. 57-59, 65-69, 122-124, I37-I39, 154-156, 165-167,
      177-I80 of the work he cites.

      What did van Iersel write in 1960?

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...
    • Ken Olson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
        Jeffrey,Right. I've just looked through the article and can't find anything on the LP. But I still think h. Land is van iersel's mailing address and Tilborg got his note's confused. You might check those pages in van Iersel's book (1961):�Der Sohn� in den synoptischen Jesusworten; Christusbezeichnung der Gemeinde oder SelbstbezeichnBest,KenKen Olson, PhD Student, Duke UniversityTo: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgibson000@...: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:19:09 -0600Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
          Ken Olson wrote:
          > Jeffrey,Right. I've just looked through the article and can't find anything on the LP. But I still think h. Land is van iersel's mailing address and Tilborg got his note's confused. You might check those pages in van Iersel's book (1961):’Der Sohn’ in den synoptischen Jesusworten; Christusbezeichnung der Gemeinde oder SelbstbezeichnBest,KenKen Olson, PhD Student, Duke UniversityTo: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgibson000@...: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:19:09 -0600Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

          I don't have a copy at hand. Does any body here have one? If so, could
          you do me the kindness of checking to see whether or not pages 57-59,
          65-69, 122-124, I37-I39, 154-156, 165-167, 177-I80 speak of the LP?

          Yours,

          Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
          1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
          Chicago, Illinois
          e-mail jgibson000@...
        • Ken Olson
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
            Jeffrey,

            I can check that tomorrow morning.

            Best,

            Ken

          • goranson@duke.edu
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
              Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:

              > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
              > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
              > eschatological interpretation of the LP:
              >
              > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
              >
              > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
              > work is that appears in H. Land 13?
              >
              > Jeffrey

              Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):

              Het Heilig Land.
              Heilig-Land-Stichting

              1914-1968
              Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
              Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
              Title: Het Heilig Land.
              Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).
              Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
              Year: 1914-1968
              Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand
              (1968).
              Language: Dutch
              Standard No: Other: PA0614133
              Note(s): Met reg. op N.S. jrg. 1-14.
              General Info: Vanaf N.S. 1 (1948) o.d.t.: 't H. Land./ Samengegaan met: De
              Jerusalemvaarder, en: Het Boek der Boeken, en voortgez. als: Schrift.
              Other Titles: H. Land; 't H. Land
              Preceding Title: Annalen der Heilig-Land-Stichting
              Succeeding Title: Jerusalemvaarder; Boek der Boeken; Schrift
              Material Type: Periodical (per)
              Document Type: Serial
              Entry: 19860117
              Update: 20061013
              Accession No: OCLC: 72839135
              Database: WorldCat

              Stephen Goranson
              http://www.duke.edu/~goranson
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                goranson@... wrote:
                > Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:
                >

                >> In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                >> following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                >> eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                >>
                >> B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                >>
                >> Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                >> work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                >>
                >> Jeffrey
                >>

                > Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):
                >
                > Het Heilig Land.
                > Heilig-Land-Stichting

                This seems to be what I'm looking for. Now if only we could find a
                table of contents for Vol. 13!

                Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
                1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
                Chicago, Illinois
                e-mail jgibson000@...

              • Ken Olson
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                  Well, that looks right. Never mind.

                  To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
                  From: goranson@...
                  Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:13:46 -0500
                  Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

                  Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:

                  > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the

                  > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the

                  > eschatological interpretation of the LP:

                  > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).

                  > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's

                  > work is that appears in H. Land 13?

                  > Jeffrey

                  Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):

                  Het Heilig Land.

                  Heilig-Land-Stichting

                  1914-1968

                  Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly

                  Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,

                  Title: Het Heilig Land.

                  Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).

                  Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,

                  Year: 1914-1968

                  Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand

                  (1968).

                  Language: Dutch

                  Standard No: Other: PA0614133

                  Note(s): Met reg. op N.S. jrg. 1-14.

                  General Info: Vanaf N.S. 1 (1948) o.d.t.: 't H. Land./ Samengegaan met: De

                  Jerusalemvaarder, en: Het Boek der Boeken, en voortgez. als: Schrift.

                  Other Titles: H. Land; 't H. Land

                  Preceding Title: Annalen der Heilig-Land-Stichting

                  Succeeding Title: Jerusalemvaarder; Boek der Boeken; Schrift

                  Material Type: Periodical (per)

                  Document Type: Serial

                  Entry: 19860117

                  Update: 20061013

                  Accession No: OCLC: 72839135

                  Database: WorldCat

                  Stephen Goranson

                  http://www.duke.edu/~goranson

                • Jack Kilmon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                    > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                    > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                    > eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                    >
                    > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                    >
                    > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                    > work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                    >
                    > Jeffrey
                    >
                    > --
                    > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)