RE: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

  • Ken Olson
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
      Jeffrey,

      It's this (H. Land appears to be the beginning of van Iersel's mailing address printed at the beginning of the article):
      The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: Some observations on the original form of Luke II 41-51aB. Van Iersel
      Novum Testamentum, Vol. 4, Fasc. 3 (Oct., 1960), pp. 161-173
      Best,

      Ken

      Ken Olson, PhD student, Duke University

      To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
      CC: biblical-studies@yahoogroups.com
      From: jgibson000@...
      Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:31:59 -0600
      Subject: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

      In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the

      following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the

      eschatological interpretation of the LP:

      B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).

      Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's

      work is that appears in H. Land 13?

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

      Chicago, Illinois

      e-mail jgibson000@...

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
        Ken Olson wrote:

        > Jeffrey,
        >
        > It's this (H. Land appears to be the beginning of van Iersel's mailing address printed at the beginning of the article):
        > The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: Some observations on the original form of Luke II 41-51aB. Van Iersel
        > Novum Testamentum, Vol. 4, Fasc. 3 (Oct., 1960), pp. 161-173

        Ken

        Thanks for this. But I don't think it's the Nov. Test. article that van
        Tilborg is referring to since he notes that van Iersel's comments on the
        LP appear on pp. 57-59, 65-69, 122-124, I37-I39, 154-156, 165-167,
        177-I80 of the work he cites.

        What did van Iersel write in 1960?

        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
        Chicago, Illinois
        e-mail jgibson000@...
      • Ken Olson
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
          Jeffrey,Right. I've just looked through the article and can't find anything on the LP. But I still think h. Land is van iersel's mailing address and Tilborg got his note's confused. You might check those pages in van Iersel's book (1961):�Der Sohn� in den synoptischen Jesusworten; Christusbezeichnung der Gemeinde oder SelbstbezeichnBest,KenKen Olson, PhD Student, Duke UniversityTo: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgibson000@...: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:19:09 -0600Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
            Ken Olson wrote:
            > Jeffrey,Right. I've just looked through the article and can't find anything on the LP. But I still think h. Land is van iersel's mailing address and Tilborg got his note's confused. You might check those pages in van Iersel's book (1961):’Der Sohn’ in den synoptischen Jesusworten; Christusbezeichnung der Gemeinde oder SelbstbezeichnBest,KenKen Olson, PhD Student, Duke UniversityTo: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgibson000@...: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:19:09 -0600Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

            I don't have a copy at hand. Does any body here have one? If so, could
            you do me the kindness of checking to see whether or not pages 57-59,
            65-69, 122-124, I37-I39, 154-156, 165-167, 177-I80 speak of the LP?

            Yours,

            Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
            1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
            Chicago, Illinois
            e-mail jgibson000@...
          • Ken Olson
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
              Jeffrey,

              I can check that tomorrow morning.

              Best,

              Ken

            • goranson@duke.edu
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:

                > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                > eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                >
                > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                >
                > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                > work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                >
                > Jeffrey

                Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):

                Het Heilig Land.
                Heilig-Land-Stichting

                1914-1968
                Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
                Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
                Title: Het Heilig Land.
                Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).
                Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
                Year: 1914-1968
                Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand
                (1968).
                Language: Dutch
                Standard No: Other: PA0614133
                Note(s): Met reg. op N.S. jrg. 1-14.
                General Info: Vanaf N.S. 1 (1948) o.d.t.: 't H. Land./ Samengegaan met: De
                Jerusalemvaarder, en: Het Boek der Boeken, en voortgez. als: Schrift.
                Other Titles: H. Land; 't H. Land
                Preceding Title: Annalen der Heilig-Land-Stichting
                Succeeding Title: Jerusalemvaarder; Boek der Boeken; Schrift
                Material Type: Periodical (per)
                Document Type: Serial
                Entry: 19860117
                Update: 20061013
                Accession No: OCLC: 72839135
                Database: WorldCat

                Stephen Goranson
                http://www.duke.edu/~goranson
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                  goranson@... wrote:
                  > Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:
                  >

                  >> In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                  >> following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                  >> eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                  >>
                  >> B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                  >>
                  >> Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                  >> work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                  >>
                  >> Jeffrey
                  >>

                  > Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):
                  >
                  > Het Heilig Land.
                  > Heilig-Land-Stichting

                  This seems to be what I'm looking for. Now if only we could find a
                  table of contents for Vol. 13!

                  Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
                  1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
                  Chicago, Illinois
                  e-mail jgibson000@...

                • Ken Olson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                    Well, that looks right. Never mind.

                    To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
                    From: goranson@...
                    Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:13:46 -0500
                    Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

                    Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:

                    > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the

                    > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the

                    > eschatological interpretation of the LP:

                    > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).

                    > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's

                    > work is that appears in H. Land 13?

                    > Jeffrey

                    Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):

                    Het Heilig Land.

                    Heilig-Land-Stichting

                    1914-1968

                    Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly

                    Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,

                    Title: Het Heilig Land.

                    Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).

                    Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,

                    Year: 1914-1968

                    Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand

                    (1968).

                    Language: Dutch

                    Standard No: Other: PA0614133

                    Note(s): Met reg. op N.S. jrg. 1-14.

                    General Info: Vanaf N.S. 1 (1948) o.d.t.: 't H. Land./ Samengegaan met: De

                    Jerusalemvaarder, en: Het Boek der Boeken, en voortgez. als: Schrift.

                    Other Titles: H. Land; 't H. Land

                    Preceding Title: Annalen der Heilig-Land-Stichting

                    Succeeding Title: Jerusalemvaarder; Boek der Boeken; Schrift

                    Material Type: Periodical (per)

                    Document Type: Serial

                    Entry: 19860117

                    Update: 20061013

                    Accession No: OCLC: 72839135

                    Database: WorldCat

                    Stephen Goranson

                    http://www.duke.edu/~goranson

                  • Jack Kilmon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                      > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                      > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                      > eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                      >
                      > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                      >
                      > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                      > work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                      >
                      > Jeffrey
                      >
                      > --
                      > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)