Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
      In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
      following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
      eschatological interpretation of the LP:

      B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).

      Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
      work is that appears in H. Land 13?

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...

    • Ken Olson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
        Jeffrey,

        It's this (H. Land appears to be the beginning of van Iersel's mailing address printed at the beginning of the article):
        The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: Some observations on the original form of Luke II 41-51aB. Van Iersel
        Novum Testamentum, Vol. 4, Fasc. 3 (Oct., 1960), pp. 161-173
        Best,

        Ken

        Ken Olson, PhD student, Duke University

        To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
        CC: biblical-studies@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
          Ken Olson wrote:

          > Jeffrey,
          >
          > It's this (H. Land appears to be the beginning of van Iersel's mailing address printed at the beginning of the article):
          > The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: Some observations on the original form of Luke II 41-51aB. Van Iersel
          > Novum Testamentum, Vol. 4, Fasc. 3 (Oct., 1960), pp. 161-173

          Ken

          Thanks for this. But I don't think it's the Nov. Test. article that van
          Tilborg is referring to since he notes that van Iersel's comments on the
          LP appear on pp. 57-59, 65-69, 122-124, I37-I39, 154-156, 165-167,
          177-I80 of the work he cites.

          What did van Iersel write in 1960?

          Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
          1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
          Chicago, Illinois
          e-mail jgibson000@...
        • Ken Olson
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
            Jeffrey,Right. I've just looked through the article and can't find anything on the LP. But I still think h. Land is van iersel's mailing address and Tilborg got his note's confused. You might check those pages in van Iersel's book (1961):�Der Sohn� in den synoptischen Jesusworten; Christusbezeichnung der Gemeinde oder SelbstbezeichnBest,KenKen Olson, PhD Student, Duke UniversityTo: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgibson000@...: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:19:09 -0600Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
              Ken Olson wrote:
              > Jeffrey,Right. I've just looked through the article and can't find anything on the LP. But I still think h. Land is van iersel's mailing address and Tilborg got his note's confused. You might check those pages in van Iersel's book (1961):’Der Sohn’ in den synoptischen Jesusworten; Christusbezeichnung der Gemeinde oder SelbstbezeichnBest,KenKen Olson, PhD Student, Duke UniversityTo: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgibson000@...: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:19:09 -0600Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

              I don't have a copy at hand. Does any body here have one? If so, could
              you do me the kindness of checking to see whether or not pages 57-59,
              65-69, 122-124, I37-I39, 154-156, 165-167, 177-I80 speak of the LP?

              Yours,

              Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
              1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
              Chicago, Illinois
              e-mail jgibson000@...
            • Ken Olson
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                Jeffrey,

                I can check that tomorrow morning.

                Best,

                Ken

              • goranson@duke.edu
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                  Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:

                  > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                  > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                  > eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                  >
                  > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                  >
                  > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                  > work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                  >
                  > Jeffrey

                  Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):

                  Het Heilig Land.
                  Heilig-Land-Stichting

                  1914-1968
                  Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
                  Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
                  Title: Het Heilig Land.
                  Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).
                  Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,
                  Year: 1914-1968
                  Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand
                  (1968).
                  Language: Dutch
                  Standard No: Other: PA0614133
                  Note(s): Met reg. op N.S. jrg. 1-14.
                  General Info: Vanaf N.S. 1 (1948) o.d.t.: 't H. Land./ Samengegaan met: De
                  Jerusalemvaarder, en: Het Boek der Boeken, en voortgez. als: Schrift.
                  Other Titles: H. Land; 't H. Land
                  Preceding Title: Annalen der Heilig-Land-Stichting
                  Succeeding Title: Jerusalemvaarder; Boek der Boeken; Schrift
                  Material Type: Periodical (per)
                  Document Type: Serial
                  Entry: 19860117
                  Update: 20061013
                  Accession No: OCLC: 72839135
                  Database: WorldCat

                  Stephen Goranson
                  http://www.duke.edu/~goranson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                    goranson@... wrote:
                    > Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:
                    >

                    >> In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                    >> following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                    >> eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                    >>
                    >> B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                    >>
                    >> Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                    >> work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                    >>
                    >> Jeffrey
                    >>

                    > Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):
                    >
                    > Het Heilig Land.
                    > Heilig-Land-Stichting

                    This seems to be what I'm looking for. Now if only we could find a
                    table of contents for Vol. 13!

                    Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
                    1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
                    Chicago, Illinois
                    e-mail jgibson000@...

                  • Ken Olson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                      Well, that looks right. Never mind.

                      To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
                      From: goranson@...
                      Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:13:46 -0500
                      Subject: Re: [XTalk] Help locating an article by B. van Iersel

                      Quoting "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...>:

                      > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the

                      > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the

                      > eschatological interpretation of the LP:

                      > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).

                      > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's

                      > work is that appears in H. Land 13?

                      > Jeffrey

                      Perhaps it is (Worldcat description; new series 13 might match 1960):

                      Het Heilig Land.

                      Heilig-Land-Stichting

                      1914-1968

                      Dutch Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly

                      Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,

                      Title: Het Heilig Land.

                      Corp Author(s): Heilig-Land-Stichting ; (Nijmegen).

                      Publication: Nijmegen : Heilig-Land-Stichting,

                      Year: 1914-1968

                      Frequency: Verschijnt 1x per maand

                      (1968).

                      Language: Dutch

                      Standard No: Other: PA0614133

                      Note(s): Met reg. op N.S. jrg. 1-14.

                      General Info: Vanaf N.S. 1 (1948) o.d.t.: 't H. Land./ Samengegaan met: De

                      Jerusalemvaarder, en: Het Boek der Boeken, en voortgez. als: Schrift.

                      Other Titles: H. Land; 't H. Land

                      Preceding Title: Annalen der Heilig-Land-Stichting

                      Succeeding Title: Jerusalemvaarder; Boek der Boeken; Schrift

                      Material Type: Periodical (per)

                      Document Type: Serial

                      Entry: 19860117

                      Update: 20061013

                      Accession No: OCLC: 72839135

                      Database: WorldCat

                      Stephen Goranson

                      http://www.duke.edu/~goranson

                    • Jack Kilmon
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 19, 2008
                        > In his "A Form Criticism of the Lord's Prayer", S. Van Tilborg gives the
                        > following reference to a work by B. an Iersel that challenges the
                        > eschatological interpretation of the LP:
                        >
                        > B. Van Iersel H. Land 13 (1960).
                        >
                        > Can anyone tell me what "H.Land" is and what the title of van Iersel's
                        > work is that appears in H. Land 13?
                        >
                        > Jeffrey
                        >
                        > --
                        > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)