Re: Jesus and Religonsgeschichtliche Schuele Ideas: Horace and Astr <#1b>

  • John E Staton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 6:00 AM
      David Cook wrote, " I guess Horace here should be Horus."

      I thought Re/Ra was the Sun God.

      Best Wishes

      Penistone, Sheffield UK
      www.christianreflection.org.uk
    • david cook
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4 12:42 AM
        A little reading (I'm no Egyptologist) suggests Horus as a sky-god, with the sun as his eye. Yes, I reckon Re is the sun god - but I suspect the Egyptian job market for gods is more complex than that.
        David Cook

        To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.comFrom: john.staton@...: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:00:41 +0100Subject: [XTalk] Re: Jesus and Religonsgeschichtliche Schuele Ideas: Horace and Astr <#1b>

        David Cook wrote, " I guess Horace here should be Horus."I thought Re/Ra was the Sun God.Best Wishes-- JOHN E STATON (BA Sheffield; DipTheol. Bristol)Penistone, Sheffield UKwww.christianreflection.org.uk

      • Jack Kilmon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4 8:26 AM
          The Egyptian pantheon changed from dynasty to dynasty and nome to nome.
          Often gods would be merged to produce Amon-Ra or Ra-Horakhte, Ptah-Atum or
          even supplanted other priesthoods like Aton in the Amarna Period.

          Having said this, is their a point to this?

          Jack Kilmon