The Death of Krister Stendahl

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2008
      Via Robert Kraft

      It is with immense sadness, but also with immense thankfulness for a
      singular life wonderfully well-lived, that I write to inform you that
      Krister Stendahl, our beloved friend, teacher, colleague, and former
      Dean, died this morning. A funeral service is planned for Friday morning
      at University Lutheran Church, and a memorial service to be held at
      Harvard's Memorial Church is being planned for sometime in May. Details
      on that University event and on other chances to recall, celebrate, and
      honor Krister will be communicated as soon as we know them, by email as
      well as on the HDS website. Please keep all of the Stendahl family in
      your thoughts and prayers.

      Sincerely,

      William A. Graham,
      Dean

      --
      ++++++

      Jim West, ThD

      http://jwest.wordpress.com -- Blog
      http://drjewest.googlepages.com - Biblical Studies Resources
    • Darrell Bock
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2008
        List Members:

        David Noel Freedman passed away on April 8. Colleagues at Michigan
        have details.

        Darrell Bock
        Dallas Theological Seminary