citation in Vincent Taylor

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2008
      On behalf of J. Ted Blakley I post the following:

      I n my Ph.D. thesis, I use a quote from Vincent Taylor but I didn't
      seem to note the page number and at the moment I don't have Taylor
      to hand. I would appreciate it, then, if anyone has Taylor's
      commentary on Mark (2nd ed; 1966), if they could tell me what page
      the following quote occurs on: "It is a bold exegete who will claim
      to understand this passage." It is in reference to 8:14-21, and I
      imagine it would be found in the introduction to that episode.

      Thanks in advance,

      Sincerely,

      J. Ted Blakley

      I have only the first edition to hand and this does not contain the
      words above.

      So can anyone here Ted out?

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2008
        Unless I missed something, the sentence does not appear in the introduction to
        8:14-21 (on pages 363-4).

        Stephen Goranson
        http://www.duke.edu/~goranson