Re: [XTalk] concerning myth

  • Rikk Watts
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
      Thanks to all for the v. helpful refs. Much appreciated (and feel free to
      keep them coming ...)

      Cheers
      Rikk

      On 13/2/08 6:23 AM, "Rikk Watts" <rwatts@...> wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > A quick question for the historians of hermeneutics/lit./philos. people
      > among us:

      ... much snipped
      > Thanks
      > Rikk

    • James Ernest
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2008
        Rikk,
        In the early 80s at Boston College (and earlier elsewhere) Gadamer gave a
        course on the pre-Socratics "From Religion to Philosophy." A number of years
        later I saw an English translation of a small book made up of those
        lectures. The English title is The Beginning of Philosophy. To see whether
        it might help you, try searching this book for "mythos" and "myth" at Google
        Books.
        James Ernest