Eisenbrauns Poetry contest

  • James Spinti
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      With apologies for the cross-posting:

      Love is in the air! We're looking for a few good scholars to display
      both eros and erudition in our first (and possibly last!) Ancient Near
      Eastern Valentine's contest.

      We want no more than three of your original[*] compositions, in any
      ancient Near Eastern language (we'll bend the rules a bit and allow
      Greek), accompanied by an English translation. Artwork is similarly
      welcome. All entries should be sent via e-mail to akerr at eisenbrauns
      dot com before noon on Wednesday, February 13.

      The decisions of the judges will be final and, most likely, extremely
      arbitrary. Prizes will be given. Winners will be announced on February
      14, 2008, and winning entries will be showcased on the Eisenbrauns
      website. Submitting an entry constitutes permission to reproduce your
      work.

      [*] We have memorized the entire corpus of Near Eastern poetry, and will
      be watching for cheating. OK, we haven't -- but someone out there will
      catch you at it if your words are not your own, and that wouldn't be
      good. So don't.

      Have fun with it!
      James
      James Spinti