Re: [XTalk] Josephus and Luke

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
      I would be interested in this article myself.

      Karel Hanhart

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
        An English lit colleagues is trying to run down background information on
        the controversy, evident in some Puritan writing, over whether the "today"
        in the Lukan assertion about the thief in paradise undermines the idea of
        Purgatory. Does anyone know of any discussion of the history of the
        interpretation of this passage?

        I have found an article in Bible Translator and those cited in Fitzmyer, but
        nothing on how and when the controversy developed.

        David

        David L. Barr
        Professor of Religion
        Chair, Religion, Philosophy & Classics