[XTalk] Josephus on Judas and Jesus

  • Antonio Lombatti
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
      During a lesson, a student of mine asked me about the way Josephus
      tells about Judas the Galilean and about Jesus.

      A much longer and more elaborate description the former, a couple of
      lines only the latter despite this man had been crucified for being
      the Son of God? Odd indeed, above all under a historiographical point
      of view, if one thinks that Josephus wrote about these first centuries
      revolutionaries.

      This was, in short, his observation. I gave him my answer, but your
      comments are welcome.

      Antonio Lombatti

      http://www.antoniolombatti.it