Josephus and Luke

  • thebedards2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
      Does anyone have a copy of "The Coincidences of the Testimonium of
      Josephus and the Emmaus Narrative of Luke", G. J. Goldberg, The
      Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha 13 (1995)that they could
      send me as a PDF or mail me a photocopy?

      Stephen J. Bedard
    • Karel Hanhart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
        I would be interested in this article myself.

        Karel Hanhart

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
          An English lit colleagues is trying to run down background information on
          the controversy, evident in some Puritan writing, over whether the "today"
          in the Lukan assertion about the thief in paradise undermines the idea of
          Purgatory. Does anyone know of any discussion of the history of the
          interpretation of this passage?

          I have found an article in Bible Translator and those cited in Fitzmyer, but
          nothing on how and when the controversy developed.

          David

          David L. Barr
          Professor of Religion
          Chair, Religion, Philosophy & Classics