Re: [XTalk] the jesus project: hmmmmm

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 2, 2007
      I took the liberty of asking Richard Bauckham about his involvement
      with the Jesus Project and he responded by saying "I have nothing
      whatsoever to do with the Project, and can't imagine how I got listed
      as a fellow".

      Best
      Mark
      --
      Mark Goodacre Goodacre@...
      Associate Professor

      http://NTGateway.com/goodacre
    • lessthanhostilecurmudgeon
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2007
        I looked up the web designer for the Jesus group website and
        discovered that it is ran by one Carol A. Price (Mr. Price's wife)
        [http://www.spiritofcarolina.com/whowhy.htm%5d ; she is based out of
        Selma NC, which is were Mr. Price lives.

        I know this because I have lived in Selma for the last year, I have
        read Mr. Price's editorials in the town newspaper and ran into him
        in town from time to time. So, is Robert Price the founder of the
        group? What is his role in the organization besides a fellow?

        Blake Reas
        Garner NC

        --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Goodacre" <Goodacre@...>

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2007
          Thanks for this. Will be interested to see what others "fellows" are
          non-existent as such:)!
          Gordon Raynal
          Inman, SC
          On Aug 2, 2007, at 8:19 AM, Mark Goodacre wrote:

          > I took the liberty of asking Richard Bauckham about his involvement
          > with the Jesus Project and he responded by saying "I have nothing
          > whatsoever to do with the Project, and can't imagine how I got listed
          > as a fellow".
          >
          > Best
          > Mark
          > --
          > Mark Goodacre Goodacre@...
          > Associate Professor
          > Duke University
          > Department of Religion
          > Gray Building / Box 90964
          > Durham, NC 27708-0964 USA
          > Phone: 919-660-3503 Fax: 919-660-3530
          >
          > http://NTGateway.com/goodacre

          > subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > List managers may be contacted directly at: crosstalk2-
          > owners@yahoogroups.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jim West
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2007
            So far as I've been able to discover in various conversations with
            various persons- only one soul has fessed up to having actually been
            invited to be a fellow. Of course there may be others. But one out of
            many is a very bad sign.

            --
            Jim West, ThD

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2007
              Hi Jim,
              Thanks for your ear, as well!

              As for this being "a very bad sign," well, it might be a very good
              sign that smart folks are not joining a dumb cause:)!

              Gordon Raynal