Colloquium with Hector Avalos

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 12:05 PM
      We are pleased to announce that Hector Avalos, author of the much
      discussed <a
      href="http://www.amazon.com/End-Biblical-Studies-Hector-Avalos/dp/1591025362/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7258584-7834261?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184353047&sr=8-1"><strong>The
      End of Biblical Studies</strong></a> (Amherst, NY: Prometheus Books,
      2007), will be our guest on the <a
      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblical-studies">Biblical Studies
      List</a> August 5-10.

      Our discussion will focus on that book so in order to take part in any
      intelligent way, participants will be expected to have read the book by
      the date of the colloquium.

      If you would like to take part, we invite you so to do by joining the
      list and submitting your questions. Our policy during these colloquia
      is to take from among the questions submitted three or four of the best
      and submit them to our guest. When he (or she) responds, we post those
      to the list unedited.

      Hector also writes that

      <em>Hugh Page (of Notre Dame) is also looking for possible panelists who
      would review the book at an IAACR session on Saturday evening of the SBL
      meeting. See http://www.iaacr.org/colloquia.htm . We need a balanced
      panel that can evaluate it fairly, and from opposing viewpoints.</em>

      If you are planning on attending the San Diego meeting and this looks to
      be something you would like to take part in, please contact Huge Page at
      the link above.

      --
      Jim West, ThD